De Mattei Construction was founded on the principle that building relationships is just as rewarding as building exquisite homes. Over 30 years ago, Mark De Mattei discovered his talent and passion for building dream homes and today, nearly 2,000 homes later, De Mattei Construction is the Bay Area's premier custom home building and remodeling firm. Bolstered by our core values of honesty, integrity, respect and teamwork, De Mattei is looking for a well-qualified candidate to join our team.
• Independently execute assignments and arrive at solutions by receiving directions on project objectives.
• Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents to determine effect on architectural designs; drafting, code and zoning research.
• Maintain e-files and conduct and/or document on site observations and reviews.
• Analyze technical implications of architect’s design concept, for inferences between structural, mechanical, plumbing and electrical disciplines.
• Planning and administering minor adjustments to complete working drawing sets.
• Reading and understanding maps, plat maps, as-builts, and construction drawings for existing condition interpolation.
• Ensure compliance of construction detail documentation to quality control and best practices.
• Perform project research to correct specifications.
• Participate in team and project status meetings to resolve project issues and coordinate to schedule adherence of technical issues.
• Review accuracy of calculations, estimates, plans and completed reports.
• Contact municipal building departments and government officials for approval on varied aspects of a project.
• Produce accurate 2-D drawings (and 3-D renderings) using AutoCAD or Chief Architect
• Extensive experience using AutoCAD, Sketch Up, & Chief Architect
• MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
• Ability to plan, organize, and maintain CAD files
• Understanding of design to detail processes and required annotation at each level
• Excellent time management skills
• Project management skills
• Degree in Interior Design or related field is a plus